Summer Vacation Part 1




Since it is finally summer time, the kids and I have been trying to live it up as much as possible. I realized that this is our last summer before our kids begin the never-ending process of school. So, we are taking full advantage!

First, I was blessed by my wonderful husband to have a "mommy-get-away" trip to Utah. My college roomates got together in Eden and had a fabulous weekend! Nothing says relaxing & fun then staying up until 3 am just talking and not ever getting out of the condo before noon. I had the best time catching up with the most amazing women! I truly count myself lucky to even know them. So girls-thanks for a great weekend! Shalea-I hope you are feeling well! On top of this adventure, I was able to spend time with my "big" sister and my mom who happened to be in town. It seems my sneaky trips may be the only way to see my mom these days!?!?!?!
Second, Jon and I took the kids up to the Rose family reunion. The kids were so excited to see cousins and just do whatever they wanted. I think the most exciting part was the boat building. For two days straight, I could not pry my girls away from the boat workshop. They loved being able to make their own boat. At the end of the reunion, the boats all race down the river. Funny enough, K won first place in the first race with her little triangle boat. It rained a bit while we were there, but it didn't damper the aloha festivities. In fact, the girls and I did a little hula for the family. I sure love my "little brown gals"!!!
As for being home, the kids and I have just been swimming and playing in the water as much as possible. We still have a couple more adventures this summer...

Comments

Brianna said…
Hey guys, thanks for having us over! Sorry, for the drama! :)
Arianna is fine, just waiting for the glue to get out of her hair!!!