Do you ever have one of those days where you just feel like the absolute worst mother in the world? Well, I have felt like that for a few days (maybe even weeks). I don't know what was up. I kept feeling like I was losing my cool just about every second with my kids of every day. Maybe it was me, maybe it was them or maybe it was an extremely bad combination. I just felt like all my efforts to discipline were just being exhausted and I found myself sitting alone in my bathroom a lot lately trying to count to 10 and take deep breaths. However, after talking to a friend recently, I felt like maybe I wasn't just enjoying my kids as much as I should be. Maybe I was too focused on getting "stuff" done instead of focusing my attention on just my kids. So, this past week, I put the endless list of stuff down and just got down on the floor to play. I can't say much of the acting out has stopped, but I did realize that my sympathy and patience was a bit stronger. So, this post is to my awesome kids who I love uncontrollably. Thank you for teaching mom to stop and enjoy the moments.
Do you ever have one of those days where you just feel like the absolute worst mother in the world? Well, I have felt like that for a few days (maybe even weeks). I don't know what was up. I kept feeling like I was losing my cool just about every second with my kids of every day. Maybe it was me, maybe it was them or maybe it was an extremely bad combination. I just felt like all my efforts to discipline were just being exhausted and I found myself sitting alone in my bathroom a lot lately trying to count to 10 and take deep breaths. However, after talking to a friend recently, I felt like maybe I wasn't just enjoying my kids as much as I should be. Maybe I was too focused on getting "stuff" done instead of focusing my attention on just my kids. So, this past week, I put the endless list of stuff down and just got down on the floor to play. I can't say much of the acting out has stopped, but I did realize that my sympathy and patience was a bit stronger. So, this post is to my awesome kids who I love uncontrollably. Thank you for teaching mom to stop and enjoy the moments.
Comments