Okay, so I know it has been forever since I posted, but I thought that since my kiddos are taking an especially long nap today that I could sneak in a few minutes to update everyone.
First, we finally bought our house. We closed a week ago and couldn't be more excited. I was given two weeks notice of our moving and everything just fell apart at that exact moment. I was teaching M's preschool those two weeks while packing like a mad lady (along with everything else in getting into a new place. i.e. address changes, new phone numbers, blah blah blah) We made it in just fine and then all my kids got sick. This, in itself wouldn't be so terribly bad, but Jon left for a work trip, so it was me against three sick kids and one insane house that you couldn't find anything. Well, we finally got everything put away and K and L are sick again, but I will take a cold any day over the other sickness. M is all registered for K next year and we are slowly overcoming her fears about that (visiting the center, riding the bus, etc...)
In any case, I am finding that home ownership is really draining. I am thoroughly knowledged in the arts of water heaters, a/c units, a few plumbing issues, and the cost of reroofing. This is why we got such an awesome deal on the house. Of course, the perks are that I finally ordered my first piece of real furniture. And I am not talking about picking something up at a garage sale or off of craig's list. I am talking about walking into a real furniture store and picking out something that I really like. We got our first 2 couches on Saturday and they are just a glorious sight to behold. I literally stand over them to make sure my kids do not put their feet on them or come within 50 feet of them with any food products. I love it!
The last three weekends, we have spent the entire time over the lawn. It wasn't taken care of so nicely, so we have been raking, power mowing, aerating, fertilizing, weeding, seeding, etc... My next task is to work on the paint color of the house and polish the fence!
Well, other than that, we are doing great. I better go because I hear tiny footsteps upstairs (yes, we finally live on multiple floors!!!)
First, we finally bought our house. We closed a week ago and couldn't be more excited. I was given two weeks notice of our moving and everything just fell apart at that exact moment. I was teaching M's preschool those two weeks while packing like a mad lady (along with everything else in getting into a new place. i.e. address changes, new phone numbers, blah blah blah) We made it in just fine and then all my kids got sick. This, in itself wouldn't be so terribly bad, but Jon left for a work trip, so it was me against three sick kids and one insane house that you couldn't find anything. Well, we finally got everything put away and K and L are sick again, but I will take a cold any day over the other sickness. M is all registered for K next year and we are slowly overcoming her fears about that (visiting the center, riding the bus, etc...)
In any case, I am finding that home ownership is really draining. I am thoroughly knowledged in the arts of water heaters, a/c units, a few plumbing issues, and the cost of reroofing. This is why we got such an awesome deal on the house. Of course, the perks are that I finally ordered my first piece of real furniture. And I am not talking about picking something up at a garage sale or off of craig's list. I am talking about walking into a real furniture store and picking out something that I really like. We got our first 2 couches on Saturday and they are just a glorious sight to behold. I literally stand over them to make sure my kids do not put their feet on them or come within 50 feet of them with any food products. I love it!
The last three weekends, we have spent the entire time over the lawn. It wasn't taken care of so nicely, so we have been raking, power mowing, aerating, fertilizing, weeding, seeding, etc... My next task is to work on the paint color of the house and polish the fence!
Well, other than that, we are doing great. I better go because I hear tiny footsteps upstairs (yes, we finally live on multiple floors!!!)
Comments