
Our little K is now 2 years old! Wow! The day before her birthday, Jon made a comment to me that the "terrible two" stage flood gates have now swung open. For a two year old though, she is still pretty mellow. Actually, I think the month or two before turning two tend to be far worse. However, our little girl is still a princess at heart. Jon got her a treasure box full of dress up clothes for the big day and K took advantage of it as soon as she woke up.

This is the cake from her birthday party at the grandma and grandpa's house. If you compare it with the cake below, you can obviously tell that the pink one was my second go around for making a princess crown cupcake cake. It still isn't that pretty, but I am new to this cake making thing. My presentation might not be pretty, but it sure tasted good!

I just love this picture because Jon is keeping his hands over M's mouth because she kept blowing out the candle for K. Just another example of sibbling rivalary for attention (especially when it comes to birthdays).

As for K, she is one happy two year old. She loved having two princess birthdays! I took the girls to the Children's Museum that day and let them go free. I even let them make stromboli for dinner (a favorite, but not because of how it tastes. They just love the messiness of playing in dough).
Of course, whenever a child's birthday comes around, you think about the years you have with them and it just makes your heart melt. I still can't believe this blonde kid with blue eyes and cubby cheeks is mine! I sure will keep her though!
Comments